Hello NGHA Coaches!
Our NGHA Coach Development Sessions are right around the corner and we wanted to get dates and times out to you so that you could plan your schedules accordingly.
We will be offering the first in a set of several coaching clinics on Monday, 20 October from 8:00-10:30 PM at the Nepean Sportsplex - Rink 3. These sessions are aimed at exposing coaches of all levels to various concepts and applications that can be applied / scaled to all player levels.
The first session will focus on "Practice Organization and Efficiency" and will be presented by Greg Bowles, Head Coach of the Nepean Wildcats Midget AA team. While most of the topics in this first session will be described in terms of a Midget application, emphasis will be placed on explaining how these can be scaled appropriately for use at all levels.
Clinic topics will include:
- Off Ice Dynamic Warm-Up
- Technical / Tactical Walk-Throughs
- Video and/or Conditioning Sessions
- Pre-Practice Coach's Briefing and Objective Review
- Standardized Team Drill Sets / Theme Based Practices / Progression
- Skill Development / Flow Drills
- Conditioning / High Tempo / High Repetition
- Set Pieces / Systems / Special Teams
Clinic Outline / Schedule:
- 7:45-8:00 PM - Arrival
- 8:00-8:30 PM - Brief Introduction / Dynamic Warm-Up / Walk-Through
- 8:30-8:50 PM - Coach Practice Brief (Players Dress)
- 9:00-10:20 PM - Practice / Clinic
- 10:30-10:45 PM - Questions / Answers
FUTURE CLINICS DATES:
- Monday November 17, 2014
- Monday December 15, 2014
- Monday January 19, 2015
- Monday February 23, 2015
*All of the above clinics will be held at the Nepean Sportsplex-Rink #3 from 9-10:30 PM, although an earlier arrival time may be needed for clinic introduction sessions.
Clinic topics will be posted on the NGHA Coach Development Database ASAP.
Finally, please take the time to sign up to follow our blog by email in the top left toolbar. This will allow postings to be sent directly to you as information for clinics becomes available.